— begin your process of healing —
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a method of stress reduction and relaxation promoting healing. The word "Reiki" means spiritually guided life-force energy and it was developed in Japan in 1922 and brought to the West in 1937. Its meaning comes from two Japanese words: Rei, which means God's wisdom or the Highest Power, and Ki which is life-force energy.
Reiki is based on the idea that unseen life-force energy flows through all things. When we are feeling down, our life-force energy is low. When our life-force energy is high, we are more likely to feel happy, healthy and well-balanced. By channeling energy in a particular pattern, Deborah restores energy to the body that has become unbalanced or blocked.
Note: It's not me. In this spiritual world of which we live, I am only a conduit of the powerful energies available to us, to assist and hold space for one's healing. I am so grateful I get to witness miracles that truly change people's lives.
There are different types of Reiki. Below are the types of Reiki I practice:
Traditional Usui Reiki: Developed nearly 100 years ago in Japan by a Buddhist monk named Mikao Usui. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
Holy Fire Reiki:
Holy Fire Reiki is both powerful and gentle and provides purification, healing, empowerment and guidance. Holy Fire energy is noticeably more refined and comes from a higher level of consciousness. Many positive qualities are often felt when using Holy Fire Reiki including love, a deeper sense of healing, kindness, patience, confidence, vitality, enthusiasm, optimism, trust, joy, peace and so forth.
Karuna Reiki is considered to be a higher level of energy than Traditional Usui Reiki. This method prepares the client for deep healing and is useful with past life issues. It helps release karma and deeply seated issues on the cellular level. and can be used to breakup the negative patterns we unconsciously use to insulate ourselves from the truth, thus shattering delusion and denial. It heals the shadow self. Karuna Reiki fills the person with love and restores balance. Karuna II method is of a higher vibration and more powerful which helps to connect directly with the Higher Self and work on a deeper level.
Note: It's not me. In this wondrous spiritual world, I am only a conduit to assist and hold space for one's healing. I am so grateful I get to witness miracles every day.
Would you like to learn Reiki? Classes now offered. Limited space, reserve your space now.
What are the benefits of Reiki?
The benefits are virtually endless:
- Heals on all levels: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
- Complements medical and all other healing methods.
- Positive effect on all forms of illness and negative conditions.
- One of the greatest Reiki healing health benefits is stress reduction and relaxation, triggering the body’s natural healing abilities (immune system), aids in better sleep and improves and maintains health.
- Reiki helps bring about inner peace and harmony. It can be a valuable tool in the quest for spiritual growth.
- Reiki also balances the mind and emotions. Regular Reiki treatments can bring about a calmer and more peaceful state of being in which a person is better able to cope with everyday stress. This mental balance also enhances learning, memory and mental clarity. Reiki can heal mental/emotional wounds and work through dysfunction. Reiki can also help alleviate mood swings, fear, frustration and even anger. Reiki strengthens and heals personal relationships because Reiki enhances your capability to love. It can open you up to the people around you and help your relationships grow. By improving your capacity for empathy, Reiki allows you to connect with people on a deeper level.
- Reiki offers relief during emotional distress and sorrow. Reiki helps in the grieving process. It cleans and clears emotions preventing them from being draining and offers perspective.
- On the physical level, Reiki helps to relieve pain from migraine, arthritis, sciatica ~ just to name a few. It also helps with symptoms of asthma, chronic fatigue, menopausal symptoms and insomnia.
- Reiki speeds up recovery from surgery or long-term illness. As it helps in adjusting to medicine/treatment, it also tends to reduce side-effects. For example, Chemo-therapy patients who received Reiki noticed a marked decrease in side effects from treatment.
- Reiki can be an effective way to treat immediate problems, such as physical or mental illness, recovery from surgery, but regular treatments can also improve overall health. By helping to maintain a state of physical and emotional balance, Reiki can not only treat problems, but even prevent them from ever developing.
- Reiki is for EVERYONE: it heals adults, babies, toddlers, children, elderly and pets.
How does Reiki work?
Although Reiki is not associated with any religion, it is similar to many spiritual traditions which use the "laying on of hands." Deborah uses her hands to direct 'spiritually-guided life force energy' into one's body. The energy goes exactly where it is needed and is always in the Highest Good of the receiver.
The client's "Inner Healer" or immune system draws energy into the energy field or aura. This helps to eliminate energetic "blockages" which are often one's source of pain. With the clearing of these blockages, the client's full energy can be used for achieving homeostasis or balance.
- Please note that Reiki is not a "cure" for a particular medical or psychological problem. The session simply gives an energy to support the client in his or her own healing.
- Many clients report they feel more relaxed and balanced after a session, while also feeling a greater sense of energy and well-being.
What is a Reiki treatment like?
A peaceful profound experience
for mind, body, soul.
During your Reiki treatment, you will lay on a massage table fully clothed. A standard Reiki treatment does involve gentle hand placements on, above, and around your body — but never on your private areas. Deborah will always respect your comfort level and will honor your desire to not be touched if you so desire.
You may choose to rest in silence during your session, or interact with Deborah (there is no 'right or wrong' way — just what will make you the most comfortable). Although each person experiences energy differently, many clients feel a warm and pleasant radiance flowing through and around them throughout their session.
All Reiki sessions include Chakra Balancing.
After your treatment, Deborah allows you up to half an hour to process the session with her.
I am a Christian. Is Reiki compatible with my beliefs?
Although Reiki energy is spiritual in nature, Reiki is not a religion. An independent website (www.christianreiki.org) has been created to help other Christians in their understanding of Reiki. The purpose of the site is to answer questions Christians have about Reiki and to provide a place for Christians who practice Reiki to share their ideas and experiences.
How long do the effects of a Reiki session last?
Studies have found that the effects from a Reiki session usually are strongest during the seven to ten days immediately following the session. Many clients come weekly while they are working on a wellness improvement plan. Some clients choose to come monthly to maintain their overall wellness or to relieve tension.
I would like to schedule a Reiki session with Deborah. What do I need to know?
Deborah's sessions are personalized and individualized, based on how she is guided by Spirit. She comes in fresh for you and is present to you and what you are experiencing. She works specifically on your energy body and chakras, sometimes using crystals or other tools to assist in the process of healing.
Although healings on all levels have occurred and are possible, keep in mind that healing may not necessarily mean curing. Spirit guides Deborah to where the healing is needed the most: emotionally, mentally, spiritually, or physically — or a combination of these.
- All treatments include Chakra Balancing.
- All treatments include up to half an hour of follow-up discussion with Deborah afterwards.
- Be held in meditation, prayer and for 24 hours.
- Receive suggested “soul work,” or steps that you can take outside of our session and into your daily life, if desired.
- Unlimited email correspondence for 1 week for questions that may arise after our session.
While a one-time Reiki treatment provides a great benefit to you, bringing a sense of calm and peacefulness, and energy to assist you for your highest good, the best results come through having a course of treatments, depending on your individual needs. You will notice profound lasting effects with 4-6 sessions at weekly intervals.
The effects of Reiki build up cumulatively, and having a course of treatments helps to produce long-term beneficial changes for you on many levels.
Reiki benefits you on a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual level. In many instances, it begins a journey of inner realizations and healing.
Reiki Healing Sessions:
- Reiki Healing:
Providing you with healing customized specifically to your needs to clear and align the body and your energetic fields for peace and harmony. The session will rebalance your body's energy to create many beneficial effects that include relaxation, stress reduction, pain relief, and recovery.
- Reiki Healing: 30-Minute: $55
- Reiki Healing: 1-Hour: $70
- Reiki Healing: 90-Minute: $110
- Reiki Healing for Pregnant Women: 1-Hour: $70
Reiki during pregnancy and birth can promote an overall well-being and balance of the body by alleviating discomforts, dissolving and releasing anxiety and fears during pregnancy and past traumas, Reiki promotes deep bonding for mom and baby and is completely safe with no side effects. It is said that babies who have received Reiki throughout pregnancy are more calm and centered.
- Reiki Healing for Babies & Toddlers: 15-minutes: $30
The calming effect of Reiki is great for all babies and toddlers, and especially for preemies and newborns with special needs. Reiki helps to calm colic and provide restful sleep. While baby and toddler stress may seem harmless at first glance, continuous anxiety at such a young age may create disharmony and imbalance negatively affecting a growing bundle of joy.
- Reiki Healing for Pets - 30-Minute: $55
Reiki is ideal for pets because it is gentle and noninvasive. Animal Reiki doesn’t require physical contact, but is sometimes welcomed. It corrects energy imbalances in an animal’s body and can even occur from a distance. A cat or dog session usually lasts 15 to 30 minutes.)
- Distance Healing Reiki: 1-Hour: $70
Distance Reiki is a wonderful option for people who cannot come in and lay down for a hand on Reiki session. For example, people that are ill or living in different location. Reiki can be sent to a person, animal, situation time or place. As a Reiki Master, I have been attuned to send healing to you. Sending Reiki is possible because energy is not confined and can transcend time and space therefore, it is easily transmitted anywhere.
- Energy Clearing for Home & Office: 1-Hour: $90
Energy Clearing is helpful for keeping energy in balance and promotes the flow of positive energy. The removal of blockages caused by negative energy leads to:
- Peace and Calmness
- Balance and Harmony
- Happiness and Laughter
- Health and Healing
- Success and Prosperity
SMALL GROUP HEALING...
Available in person and can accommodate 2-6 people. Fee will vary depending on number of participants. Please contact Deborah with questions or for more details and pricing.
Available in person at your choice of location and is appropriate for a minimum of 6 guests. Fee will vary depending on location and number of participants. Please contact Deborah with questions or for more details and pricing.
Deborah is available for corporate, organizational and wellness engagements.
For all who heal with me, I provide an environment
and of love.
For all that lay to rest, I provide an opportunity
to calm your mind;
to relieve your anxieties;
to forgive yourself;
to forgive others;
to release your fears;
to release your pains;
to love yourself;
and to awaken your Self.
I am not healing you,
I merely enable you to heal yourself.
— Deborah Monacelli
Reiki is not a substitute for medical or psychological treatment; rather, it supports other modalities in a powerful way. For example: What psychotherapy addresses on a
cognitive level, Reiki supports by shifting energy on a cellular level. As chemotherapy seeks to destroy cancer cells, Reiki aids in mitigating side-effects such as fatigue and
reducing emotional distress. Information provided on this website is not designed to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. You should consult with your health care practitioner when you find any medical condition existing. It is important not to have expectations about the outcome of receiving Reiki, healing will take place but it may happen in an unexpected way.